Saturday 9 January 2010

Sat 9th January

The snow continued it's takeover bid against Great Britain today, creating five or six inch deep blankets of the white powdery stuff. If it wasn't for the prospect of school being cancelled due to the weather, I'd actually be getting rather sick of it snowing to be honest.

It's fun playing in the snow, until it comes to the point where your trouser bottoms are frozen solid and your feet feel like somebody is jabbing them with icy needles. Oh, and it must be a bummer losing your phone amongst the snow too - which is exactly what Dani managed to do.

What originally started as a five minute walk up to school ended up being a several-mile hike to Whiston, a little village which is about a fifteen minute drive away. We never actually got there, though - with Dani losing her phone combined with us being close to hypothermic, it was hardly possible. Turns out playing in the snow wasn't such a clever idea, after all. It astounded me how beautiful our area is when it's covered in snow though, usually I hate the place.

Once we couldn't bear the cold any longer, we decided to venture back to Su's and endulge in a nice hot chocolate and marshmallows... Mmmm. Despite it being a Saturday, it felt more like a Tuesday in the holidays; today just didn't have the weekend feeling.

Once I got on MSN, Hannah sent me a song (Roses by Outkast) which reminded me of being at my Dad's. My parents are divorced, not entirely sure what happened, and I used to spend every weekend at my Dad's house. Usually there was nothing to do, so I would sit and watch TMF in the hopes that one of the few songs that I knew back in my days of innocence would come on. But it always ended up being that song. Roses - Outkast. Up next... Roses - Outkast. And after the break? Roses - Outkast. Ok, maybe not that repetitive. But I grew to loathe the song. I stopped going to my Dad's every weekend, though. His girlfriend at the time wasn't too keen on me going every Saturday and wanted me to go alternate weekends, so that's what I did. I wasn't too keen on spending time with her anyway, to be quite honest. Eventually I just stopped going, because my Dad was doing something with his girlfriend, or they wanted me to go with them to a sixties car show or something. Now, my dad has a new girlfriend. Her name's Linda and she's really lovely, and I've started spending more time at my Dad's again, though I do suppose they'll still want me to go to car shows - my Dad's preference. My Mum also has a new partner, his name's John. Well I say new, he's lived with us for seven years. For the most part, we get along though there are times when we really piss each other off. He's great, though. So Hannah sent me this song, and she couldn't imagine why I didn't like it. Because it's a load of shit, Hannah, and i was subjected to continuous torture by the song in my early years of life... Ok, maybe not torture - it annoyed me because it was overrated and played too much.

As it's a Saturday I do plan on staying up until the early hours of the morning, even if I'm going out tomorrow. I'm really running out of things to say about today, as you can probably tell by my account of just about my entire childhood. Oh, and I just remembered. One of my all time favourite TV programmes starts again tonight! Heroes, BBC2 at 10:10pm, don't miss it man! For those of you who don't know, it's about a bunch of people who discover they have powers (as the title Heroes might suggest) and these powers cause all sorts of problems for the characters. It's gone downhill a little since the first series, though, maybe Volume 5 will redeem it.

Goodnight, Blogger x

Oh, and guys. Don't eat the yellow snow. Or the green snow. And you might wanna stay away from the pink snow too... In fact, just don't eat snow, OK?

2 comments: